Tuesday, January 13, 2015

I will take you


I will take you to the world’s end,
if only I knew where the ends would meet.
I will take you where the stars descend,
to meet the earth in their twinkling cold feet.

I will take you where the clouds would form,
and set sail on high vagabond winds.
I will take you where the mists were born,
in the vales so dark and green.

I will take you where the sun would paint,
the rainbow on the cloudy skies.
I will take you where the dew was made,
on the petal of rose, away from prying eyes.

I will take you where the eyes would rest,
on the line between the earth and the sea.
I will take you where the peaks would crest,
above the clouds, where no one can see.

I will take you to the flowing brook,
where it took its birth.
I will take you to the grassy nook,
where the nymphs and fays would dance with mirth.

© 2015 Abhijit Pandit