Tuesday, August 13, 2013

To dear father...

When you touched me for the first time, dear father,
with your hands, I still remember the warmth.

When you held my little fingers for the first time, dear father,
and took me for a walk, I still remember the steps.

When you said something in my ears, dear father,
and taught me to speak, I still remember the words.

When you gave me a toy for the first time, dear father,
and played with me, I still remember the joy.

The long walks, the fun-filled evenings,
the winter nights, when you wrapped me with a blanket
and made me warm,
I still remember the feel.

The first time I went out in this world
carrying your words of wisdom,
I still remember the eager eyes.

The first smile of yours, the first tear in your eyes,
The first pain that you bore for me,
I still remember the care.

When you scolded me for the first time, dear father,
with harsh words, I still remember the pain.

The little moments of joy and fun, of laughter and sorrow,
I can still remember the bliss.

When I grew up and you were a little older too,
the smooth caress of your hands on my head,
I can still remember the touch.

I have remembered and treasured each moment with you, dear father,
I knew you will be always there for me, when I need you.
So this day belongs to you, and only you,
So enjoy this day to the fullest.

Happy Father’s Day….

© 2013 Abhijit Pandit