Thursday, August 8, 2013

Through the open window


The open window let in the light from the night sky,
The night sky glittered by a million stars,
the million stars up there, twinkling and shining all alone,
twinkling and shining, as if burning in their own light.

Oh, how I wish to stop their twinkling and shining,
their burning from within their bright bodies!!!
How I wish to blow them away with a swish of my hand
and leave me all alone!!!
How I wish to dim their lights with a flick of my fingers
and leave the sky dark again!!!

Dark as my heart is, dark as this chamber is, without you.
Without you, I am as dark and black as the night sky up there,
the night sky glittered by a million stars,
the million stars up there, twinkling and shining all alone,
twinkling, shining, burning…. 

© 2013 Abhijit Pandit