Thursday, November 8, 2012

The Lonely Road


To walk this lonely road with you, 
I wished for,
with nothing but the mist watching and the silence wrapping us.
Birds, oh those birds, what are they whispering among themselves,
are they saying something to the still winds?
I know not.

This lonely road, on which we have walked in the past,
awaits us one more time,
for it has memories of us, 

I can feel.
I can hear in the gentle breeze that blows amongst the woods,
many whispers;
I can hear the cool earth below me singing,
many a song;
The fragrance of your flowing hair is still with me;
The dampness of your moist lips is still with me;
Echoes still ring amongst the silent hills,
Echoes, which are but mere shadows of the words that
once escaped your lips;
Echoes, those icy remains of the once warm words,
which are now frozen in your absence.
Oh, what else will haunt me, walking on this lonely road,
I know not.

I am alone, as you are, oh lonely road,
alone with your memories, and alone with my thoughts,
Let’s walk together, you and me,
You, turning here and there, running over hills and mountains,
Burning with the sun’s gaze,
Soaking in the drizzling rains,
Perhaps, a gentle breeze will soothe you with her soft hands,
Perhaps, a brook will calm you with her running passion.
Oh, what pain you bore over your broad shoulders,
I know not.

Take me where you want to,
Take me where our destiny lies.
Walk away, walk away, oh lonely road. 





© 2012 Abhijit Pandit